Exporting and international assistance
Attention Wisconsin water tech companies!
The Wisconsin Economic Development Corporation’s (WEDC) International Business Development Division is structured to focus on markets with the greatest purchasing power for Wisconsin products. To help Wisconsin companies build strategies to meet today’s global imperative, WEDC’s team of Market Development Directors works with other state agencies and Trade Representatives in 82 countries to provide you the insights and contacts you need to develop and execute market-specific business development strategies.
There are several services that WEDC offers that deliver significant value to Wisconsin economic development and companies:
- Global Business Development Program – WEDC International Market Access Grants (IMAGs) and Collaborative Market Access Grants (CMAGs) help companies lay the foundation for a new export strategy or build upon existing export programs. The IMAG provides funding to support a company’s specific export development and deployment strategy with WEDC’s international staff providing technical assistance, while the CMAG aids these efforts through an industry-focused intermediary.
- WEDC Global Network – WEDC’s Market Development Directors work with other state agencies and trade representatives to provide concierge service to companies looking to expand their global market presence. Services include:
- Industry, product and market assessments
- Partner searches
- Meeting facilitation
- Custom projects
Companies who have participated in WEDC global trade missions/ventures have benefitted from these relationships and partnerships for establishing business meetings and introductions into the market.
How can you connect with these services?
- Reach out to WEDC’s International Team members for questions in their specific areas of expertise
- Stay connected on the latest exporting opportunities on WEDC’s website.
- Contact Karen Frost, VP Economic Development, The Water Council to help get connected with these offerings.