Innovation Program Manager POSITION DESCRIPTION
Apply by Friday, April 6, 2018.
The Innovation Program Manager is responsible for overseeing all aspects of the BREW Accelerator and Pilot Programs for The Water Council. Working with the Executive Management team and reporting to the Vice President of Economic Development, the Program Manager directs the BREW Accelerator, Pilot Program, and writes and manages grants and funding for the respective programs. The Program Manager will direct both the programs and participating partners to attain The Water Council’s strategic goals established in the organization’s Leadership Vision.
KEY FOCUS TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage the recruitment and selection of the BREW Accelerator and Pilot Program participants. This includes actively pursuing potential applicants, management of the application process, oversight of the review and judging process and contracting with selected participants and partners.
- Manage the implementation and execution of the Accelerator’s programming and delivery schedule, which will include active management of the following: partner coordination and oversight, lean business model training, coaching, pitch sessions and other engagements with the cohorts.
- Plan, coordinate and implement various meetings and events in conjunction with the BREW Accelerator and Pilot Program.
- Conduct an annual evaluation of participants and partners and develop long-term strategic plans for the growth and development of the BREW Accelerator and Pilot Program.
- Provide targeted and ongoing one-on-one support to cohort participants (and past participants) to help clear obstacles, collect and review quarterly financial and metric reports and monitor company progress.
- Manage Accelerator Consultants who work one-on-one with the BREW Accelerator cohort and the Pilot Program awardees.
- Establish an advisory committee for the BREW Accelerator.
- Manage all joint pilot programs with national and international partners.
- Pursue grant funding opportunities for BREW and Pilot Program. Maintain relationships with current funders and seek additional funding opportunities and partners. Write grant and funding proposals with the support of Water Council staff. Track and prepare necessary narrative and financial reports to funders of the programs.
- With assistance from the CFO, prepare budgets for the programs and related grants. Monitor program activities and expenses in accordance with the budget plan.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
Master’s degree (or related experience) preferred in related fields; business, entrepreneurship or other, a minimum of 3 number of years’ experience in managing similar programs or initiatives. The successful candidate will demonstrate the following:
- Bring creativity and new ideas, innovation and energy to the development and execution of the programs. We are aiming for ‘best in class’ for our programs and to be THE global accelerator for water technology innovation.
- Passion for innovation and entrepreneurship. Entrepreneurial experience is a plus.
- Ability to quickly ‘get up to speed’ on various water technology and related industries, and provide value-add advice to the full range of participants.
- Proven experience and understanding of finance and funding mechanisms, policy, advocacy, evaluation, and business strategy as they relate to the startup and commercialization environment.
- Demonstrated ability to cultivate, build, and maintain strong working relationships with individuals from diverse backgrounds and perspectives, as well as engage in the broader partner and provider network.
- Strong leadership and project management skills (goal-setting, organization and implementation).
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
This is a full-time (40+ hours per week) position. The Water Council offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
APPLY: Applicants should submit cover letter, resume and both informal and technical writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, April 6th. Please include the position title in the subject line of the email.
VIEW FULL POSITION DESCRIPTION